By John Marincola
- Comprises a chain of leading edge articles written via regarded scholars
- Presents large, chronological remedies of significant concerns within the writing of historical past and antiquity
- These are complemented through chapters on person genres and sub-genres from the 5th century B.C.E. to the fourth century C.E.
- Provides a chain of interpretative readings at the person historians
- Contains essays at the neighbouring genres of tragedy, biography, and epic, between others, and their dating to history
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
Recording Oral historical past, now on hand in its 3rd variation, presents a complete consultant to oral heritage for researchers and scholars in assorted fields together with heritage, sociology, anthropology, schooling, psychology, social paintings, and ethnographic equipment. Writing in a transparent, available kind, Valerie Yow builds at the foundations laid in past variants of her known and very popular textual content to take on not only the practicalities of interviewing but additionally the various moral, felony, and philosophical questions that could come up.
William H. McNeill is understood for his skill to painting the grand sweep of heritage. the worldwide is a vintage paintings for knowing the grand sweep of worldwide background in short compass. Now with a brand new foreword by means of J. R. McNeill, this publication brings jointly of William Hardy McNeill's well known brief books and an essay.
Les Normands au Moyen Âge se sont passionnés pour l'histoire. Soucieux de faire œuvre de mémoire, les auteurs médiévaux relatent les origines du duché et l. a. destinée des Normands ; ils célèbrent les exploits de leurs ducs et des chevaliers partis conquérir l'Angleterre et l'Italie du Sud. Lecteurs assidus de los angeles Bible, ils se sont aussi inspirés des œuvres de l’Antiquité gréco-romaine et chrétienne.
Livy's heritage of Rome, occasionally often called Ab Urbe Condita, is a huge historical past of historical Rome, written in Latin, among 27 and nine BC. by means of the historian Titus Livius, or "Livy", as he's often recognized in English. The paintings covers the interval from the legends about the arrival of Aeneas and the refugees from the autumn of Troy, to the city's founding in 753 BC, the expulsion of the Kings in 509 BC, and right down to Livy's personal time, in the course of the reign of the emperor Augustus.
- Garcilaso Inca de la Vega: An American Humanist, A Tribute to José Durand
- Journalism and Memory (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- Tratado de la barbarie de los pueblos civilizados (Historia (pasado)) (Spanish Edition)
- Suspicions of Markets: Critical Attacks from Aristotle to the Twenty-First Century
Extra info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by John Marincola